Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ribbon Button Snake

Over at Counting Coconuts (I LOVE her blog... it's so helpful with tons of ideas!) I got the idea to make a Ribbon Button Snake.  It's to help Nattie figure out how to work buttons.  I think that Counting Coconuts is a lot better than mine so if you go here http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2009/10/button-snake.html you'll be able to see what she did.  All you do is take a piece of ribbon and attach a button to it.  Then I made a loop on one end so that Nattie could carry it around (this too was an idea from Counting Coconuts).... she's amazing.  Then you cut out little squares of felt and cut a hole the size of the button in them so that the child can put the buttons on.  And that's IT!
The finished button snake.  I made a ton of buttons for it which wasn't necessary.

I don't know if you can see it in this picture but I made them different shapes and colors.  We will probably use the felt pieces for color sorting and shape sorting as well.  I like things that are versatile like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment