Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mara's Christmas Tree

Samara had a project she had to do for school.  (She's in Kinder at the public school.  For those who are wondering why I have a homeschool blog, I am planning on homeschooling next school year.)  She came home with a tree shape and was supposed to decorate it with whatever she wanted.

The tree template that we got from school.

Samara had so much fun decorating her tree.  It was so cool to see her face light up as she put each "ornament" on the tree.

I printed the tree out on cardstock to make it thicker.  Then we put glue all over it and sprinkled green sugar sprinkles all over it, we didn't have any green glitter.  Then she put red hots on it.  Then she put on some paper circle ornaments (not pictured here) and a yellow star on top (also not pictured here).
I'm a little bummed that I didn't get a picture of the final project.  I don't know what I was thinking.  If it hasn't fallen apart when she gets it home from school I will take a picture and post it.  Don't get your hopes up though.

1 comment: