Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

This day was so much fun. On Saturday the 4th of December Micah and I decided to take the girls to the Nutcracker Ballet.  Since they go to ballet at a church up the road they were really interested to see what it was going to be like.  Nattie is still a little too young so we decided to ask a friend of ours, also the girl's piano teacher, if she wouldn't mind doing something dress-up and fun with Nattie since she wouldn't be able to go.  She agreed and so off we went.  Nattie stayed with her babysitter and had a tea party, watched a princess movie, and of course ate tons of snacks.  The others of us started off in traffic.  We ended up sitting in it for about 20 minutes so needless to say we were a little bit late to the Ballet.  I know I know, bad etiquette.  It turned out to be really cool for the girls, and for Micah and I.  We had to sit in two different rows (discounted tickets) but it wasn't too bad.  It struck me as we were sitting there though that I didn't know the story of the Nutcracker.  *gasp*  How could have I missed that.  So this week Alyssa picked out the Nutcraker book so I could read it to them.  Thank you to my 7 year old for keeping me up with this stuff.  Anyways the day was super fun and I got to spend it with my favorite people!  We will definitely do this again next year... if we can get discounted tickets again.

The girls had fun taking pictures before we went to the Nutcracker.
We had such beautiful clothes on so before we went and when we got back we decided to take family pictures.  I think they turned out so cute.  Mara had a hard time in the morning so we only got a few smiles out of her but when we got back from the Nutcracker she was a happy girl so the pictures turned out much better.

The girls by the pool at our friends house.  All dressed up and ready to go.
Our beautiful Family

My Wonderful Husband and me on a swing in front of our friend's house.

Mara and Mama at the Nutcracker

Syssa and Daddy at the Nutcracker

I'm so glad I get to spend my life with these 4 beautiful faces!  I can't wait until we get to add to this family the two beautiful faces in Haiti!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! Marianne and I watched 3 different versions on TV called the battle of the Nutcrackers! I vote for the Russian Bolshoi one! Absolutely stunning! It's coming to San Antonio on Dec. 26 and the cheapest seats are $243!!!! I was thinking of getting some for your family but.... you know! Your discounted ones were probably just as good.

    ReplyDelete