Monday, December 13, 2010

Our Day

 Today we had a fun day of learning and games.  Here's a few things that we did today.

These are just regular flash cards, I think I got them at Wal Mart.  They matched up the number of crayons on one card to the numeral on the other card.  I was surprised at how many Nattie was getting without the help of Mommy.

The finished product.

After they finished I had them put them in numerical order.  They did this in a snap!

These are printables I got off of Hubbard's Cupboard website.  They were supposed to glue the number of red pom poms to the trees that was shown for apples but I had them glue all colors of pom poms to the trees, mainly because I didn't have enough red pom poms to do all the trees.

The finished product.

Just for those who were curious, this is the Bible I read to Nattie who is 3.  We are learning about Adam and Eve and, of course, the birth of Jesus.

This is a game we played today that I got off of www.thoughtsofme.blogspot.com  She has some great ideas for early learning.  This game was super fun.  It's called Fill the Stable.  You roll two dice and put the item with that number on it in the stable.  The only thing I would suggest is maybe add magnets to the back and do this game on a cookie sheet as the pieces slid around quite a bit.
I had each of them count out the number that was on the dice.  It was such a great counting activity as well as a number recognition activity.


The stable has been filled.  We played where if a number was already taken then the person got to roll again until they got a number that wasn't taken.  This was super fun for the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment