Sunday, December 12, 2010

Linking Math


Nattie loves to play with her links.  She links them together and does some "patterns" with them, she sorts them by color and all that fun stuff.  I decided to add a little something to what she could do with them.  So I printed out these number cards and punched a hole in them.  Now she can look at the number and put that amount of links on the card.  It was a HUGE hit.  When she'd get frustrated she'd want to stop but I kept telling her she could do it and she did all of them!  I'm so proud of her.

The numbers with the hole punched in them.  Oh and I laminated them so maybe they'll stick around for a while.

The bin of links.  You can get these at Lakeshore.


Nattie showing us the number 4.
She was very confused at why the 0 had none on it.  This is something that I'm goign to be working on with her, the idea of 0 or nothing.
I am so glad that I did this project... it was simple to do and Nattie loves it.  I'm sure my 5 and 7 year old would get a kick out of it too.  Maybe for them I can have them do a pattern with the amount of links on each card.  If you have any other suggestions on how to use links, please comment and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I WANT THESE...lol.

    Ok so here is the plan: make me the cards and send me both the cards and a thing of links. I am sure there is something I can send you in exchange.

    ReplyDelete