Friday, July 15, 2011

Some of My Purchases

Over the past maybe year I have purchased some things that I wanted to use while homeschooling. Since we knew that we were homeschooling quite a while ago but hadn't started yet I picked up a lot of stuff so that I would be prepared... (what is that anyways!). Here are some of the things that we used this week.

I got these Geoboards recently off of Amazon.com. I wanted something for Alyssa to be able to do at centers time that she could feel was something appropriate for her age. Although these are the younger ones (with only 25 pegs) it seemed to keep her occupied... as well as the other two. This is a picture of Samara our 5 (almost 6) year old.
I bought these books for a dollar a piece at Target throughout the last couple months. I'm hoping that they have more and more as the year goes on. They are perfect for a two day book for Syssa.

I got the front bins off of Orientaltrading.com. I thought they'd be nice to have for any workbooks and papers that the girls wanted to do during centers time, or any time throughout the day after they've finished their schoolwork. I kept the blue ones in the back for things that are odd shaped. This is where I keep their Brain Quest cards, flashcards, etc.

I also found these at Target in their dollar section. The space ones are perfect for this year. I ended up laminating them so that they will last a lot longer and so I could stick some of them on the wall for the girls to see. I have a picture of the space ones below. The other ones I can use next year if we stay on the same thought process we are now with using My Father's World again.

These are the stickers that go with the posters below. These pictures are semi-out of order. I got these from Oriental Trading as well and am loving them already.

I got these also off of Oriental Trading. I laminated the big cards to protect them so we could have them... well, hopefully forever. The posters have interesting facts on the back as well. There's a picture of each planet, the moon, the Milky Way, and the sun.

These are the posters that go with the stickers. As we go over each planet they will put the sticker on the chart. Not sure what we're going to do with the other stickers but I'm sure I can come up with something.

Okay this is our work wall... As you can see I have a lot of writing on my board today. I've been going over some space stuff with the girls and instead of looking in my book a million times a day I decided to write it on the board. Anyways you can see all the wonderful stuff I have on my board but the real reason I took this picture is to show you what I did with my space flash cards I got from Target. I laminated them and then stuck them to the wall. I love them already!! It's a great visual for the girls when we're talking about something to be able to point to it instead of just telling them to picture it in their minds.


I've accumulated and purchased way too much I'm sure but if I see a dollar buy or something on Oriental Trading that catches my eye... well, there's some things I just can NOT pass up!! Thank goodness I have a homeschooling budget!!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I couldn't stop smiling at all you've been doing! :D Your pictures brought back so many memories of when my kids were little and everything was so new to them. Homeschooling may be a lot of work, but I too have had so much fun and it is so rewarding. Glory to God.
    ~Amy Secklin

    ReplyDelete