Friday, July 15, 2011

Here is an overview of the week. Week to of Adventures in My Father's World. I'm not going to go over everything we did this week because some of it is just basic school stuff. I will go over some of the important stuff and some of the fun stuff.

This is my favorite picture of the week. Nattie had just woken up from a nap so she was super tired and super whiney so while I got dinner ready I asked her if she wouldn't mind snuggling with Mara for a minute. Mara and Nattie both agreed! So they sat and watched Bill Nye the Science Guy (from the library) on wind while I got dinner made. So sweet.
We learned about Columbus. After Alyssa's initial shock that he really wasn't the first person to be in America... in fact he never set foot in the United States... she really had a good time learning about him. Above are some of the books that we read this week about Columbus.

We learned about JESUS. The name of Jesus and that Jesus' birth was foretold in the Old Testament. They really loved looking at these verses and seeing that what was told in the Old Testament came true... although their faith hardly ever waivers so they knew that was the way it was anyways.

We moved the keyboard into the school room... SMART!! Why hadn't I thought of this before. They like it when people can hear them practice so they've been practicing a lot more.

Syssa practicing.

Some free time... I think this is one of the times I said was MANDATORY P.E. time. Sometimes a Mama just needs a small break!

Like I said before we learned about Columbus this week. We made tin foil boats and sailed them from Spain the New World. They really liked this activity.
Art was from I Can Do All Things, part of My Father's World curriculum. They are getting the hang of drawing okay. This is one of their favorite things to do but the lessons (as of right now) are so short I squeeze like 3 in at once and then I don't do it for a couple days.

Nattie got a two new sets of books called Now I'm Reading. She's already knocked out 5 of them so I may have to order more soon. This little girl (3 years old, will be 4 in August) is a reading machine!!

Some of the journals that the girls have been writing have blown me away. They are so awesome! This is Samara's journal. I asked her to write why the name of Jesus is so important to her. She has been fighting a stye on her eye all week (it got HUGE and now it's a lot better, still there but not close to what it was), so she drew a picture of God healing her stye on her eye. I love it!!!
This is Alyssa's joural with the same question.


I love the read aloud that is assigned. American Pioneers and Patriots. It's a book that is fiction but is a story about the life and time of the people back when people were coming to America. This week it was about a little boy and his sister and family and the boat ride and finally reaching America. It was really cool and since there were kids in the story (7 and 9 year old) the girls really paid a lot of attention.


I didn't put any of our Astronomy work on here so I'll just let you know that we are learning about what Astronomy is. The post right before this one goes over what I did to help them learn about space. Hopefully I will be able to do the same thing for the Bible lessons that we cover. Our History is on our wall in the form of a timeline... I didn't take a picture of that this week either. Oh well, all for another post I guess.

1 comment:

  1. looks like a busy week. Nattie's dress looks familar.

    ReplyDelete