Thursday, July 7, 2011

Classroom Tour

I have been working on this post for a couple of days. I didn't have all the pictures I wanted at first so I was going to post 2 or 3 posts but then decided to just do one post so I had to take the required pictures, and then blogger only allowed me to post one picture at a time. If you want to see any picture larger remember all you have to do is click on it and then hit the back button on your browser to come back to my blog. This post is mainly for friends and family that have asked about our classroom but hopefully somebody finds it helpful for their family as well.

When we decided we would homeschool we wondered what room to do it in. This room is right as you walk in the front door so I didn't think about it much, but we really didn't have a purpose for it. It's supposed to be a "formal" dining room and a computer area but I think it looks best as a school room. :-)

I took a picture of the area of room and then more detailed pictures of some of the stuff so you could see it up close too. Hopefully I get this posted tonight!

This is the main part of the school room. We do most of everything at their desks and on the white board.
This is my desk area.

That is the activity table, the reading couch, and my supply shelves I got at Sam's Club... I have to say that I really do LOVE them. The girls can use this table for after school fun or during school for their stations. They can only use their desks during school time. I find that they treat it more of school and not just play time when I do it that way.

These are there stations buckets. When they get done with their self work and Mommy is working with another kid on their Mommy and Me time then they go to stations and work. These have miscellanious things in them. I also will have 4 random stations that anybody can use set up at the table but these buckets are kid specific.

This is the book shelf that I just reorganized. Some of the books were so unorganized!

So this is supposed to be a nice hutch but I really don't have a lot of nice things and it's in the school area so I decided I could use it (since it wasn't being used for anything else) to store more school stuff in.

These colorful drawers are their cubbies. Their personal papers that they haven't finished or say they start a fun thing and don't get to finish it, this is where that goes. They get very cluttered very fast so we'll have to go through them more often this year. The drawer bins next to it are full of scrap paper, stuff that I need to cut out and laminate, and some other stuff, and the hangining file boxes next to them are for my ideas for crafts etc. I really need to go through them.

This is my desk. I love that I have my own desk because I can sit and do anything and everything that needs to be done and not have to worry about where I'm going to do it.

This is where I put library books and any other books that I might be putting in their book baskets.

File folder games are in the drawer bins and on the left is more ideas and worksheets on top. Each of the girls have worksheets from My Father's World and the like and that's what's in the bottom.

I just cleaned off these shelves that's why they look so bare. This is where I have my Bob Books and other learning books that didn't come with the curriculum but they are fun to learn with.

These are the shelves for the girls and the curriculum I am using for the year.

This is a close up of the bottome 3ish shelves from above. To the left top you have Alyssa's work, the top right you have Samara's and the bottom left you have Natalie's. So far this has been the easiest way I've found to keep stuff semi-organized.
This is where I store my Math-U-See stuff. Because it comes with videos and I opt to watch the video with each child it's just easier to have all the stuff in the room that we do it in. Actually in the hanging file bins to the right is everything I need for Mommy and Me time with each kid so I don't have to get up to get anything. I just set up the table in the morning, also purchased at Sam's and I love it we use it for more than just this, and pull out the boxes and we're ready to go.

This is Alyssa getting ready to do her math timeAlign Left with me. She's ready to start but Mama's always wanting to get pictures.


Tomorrow will finish the 2nd week of school... even though today and tomorrow are both light days, and the girls have done excellent! I can't wait to see how much they learn and grow this year. I've never been able to see them learn like they have these last 2 weeks so it's been a delight!! I Love My Kids.

2 comments:

  1. Again love shelves. I certainly need another one..lol. Considering I have 5 already that is kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks GREAT! I Love it!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete